the proposal

It happened on my birthday!

Unfortunately I still had to go to work on that day, cause I haven't completed 3 months in my current job and hence I wasn't entitled to any annual leave. Though it kinda suck to have to go to work on my birthday... but it's okay lar. I don't do much work during work anyway. haaa. But but but but.... of all days, I had to attend this meeting which dragged way past 5.30pm.. my official knock off time. So he was waiting downstairs for me... until I finished work and met him at the lobby of my office building.

Birthday Celebrations
He had actually told me long ago that he's going to take a half day off on my birthday to make preparations. I also learned that he's booking a hotel for the celebration (caused I needed permission to stay out at night), but that's all I know of the planning. The un-inquisitive me also didn't really bother to ask him what exactly he had planned, and a part of me also preferred having a surprise.

So after meeting him, he brought me to dine at this japanese restaurant Satsuma Shochu Dining Bar, at the Gallery Hotel for dinner. Food was very good! Not those typical japanese food you expect at sushi tei, but more of bbq sticks of all sorts. He tried a shoju too, and I didn't like it the least bit. It tasted like nail polish remover for me. *bleah* The bill came up to >$100 for the 2 of us, but probably also cause we ate alot. heee.

After a very satisfying (not to mention expensive..) dinner, we adjourned to our next stop in the itinerary.... which is the hotel!

He booked a room at the Swissotel Merchant Court, which wasn't too far from Gallery Hotel, so we walked there after dinner. We walked passed riverside plaza, brewerkz... and that place holds not so nice memories for the both of us. We had a "break-up" during the early phases of our relationship there, and it left both of us devastated. But it was also this episode that made me realise how important he is to me.

We then proceeded to the room, and by then I was feeling a lil nervous already. Then at the door of our room on the 11th storey, he started fumbling with his handphone and asked me to stand back and hold on while he held the door ajar and trying to do something with his HP... very clumsily.

The Proposal
So it turned out that he was trying to remote control his MacBook via bluetooth on his HP, to play some romantic music (Olivia Ong's L.o.v.e.) while we entered the room. And then I saw what he had up to his sleeves the whole afternoon!

He lined a path of rose petals from the door up to the bed, and in the centre of the bed was the Meyson box which I recognised immediately. It was the box which held my engagement ring (yes, I went to buy it with him :P)! And beside it, there was a blue doreamon wrapped box with a bouquet of flowers.


By then, it's very obvious that he was going to propose to me. Though I had somewhat expected it to come today, but at that instant, I still felt shocked and I didn't know how I was suppose to react.

He then took the ring from the box, and went down on one knee (albeit abit clumsily), and popped the question.

"Dear, will you marry me?"

I've seen it in the movies, I've seen it on TV shows. I've imagined it happening to me, but now, it's for real.
A man I dearly love, is kneeling down and asking for my hand. He's asking for permission to spend the rest of our lives together.
Together forever, until we grow old and die.

Of course I said yes. I nodded, and he slipped the solitaire onto my finger on the left hand. I started tearing, and questioning if all these were happening for real.

Even though I was extremely happy then, but I was also thinking.... "is that it?? Like that only ah?"
The whole process took really fast, probably like less than 5 minutes. And he didn't even whisper any sweet nothings to me prior to popping the question! To add on, he wasn't exactly very graceful when he went down on one knee. It was quite abrupt (like he suddenly... POM! one knee down then i was like "huh?!") and clumsy (his legs pain lar.. haha).

But of course.. it didn't end there. :)

The Birthday Gift
Next, he asked me to open my birthday gift. For this, I had absolutely no idea what he would give me. The only thing I was lemming for before my birthday was a Burberry's bag and it definitely couldn't be contained in that blue box. I was clueless... and hence I got a real pleasant surprise.

It's an IPOD TOUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! I was SOOOOOO SHOCKED!!!

All because I briefly told him once that I'm thinking of getting a mp3 player which can also play videos, or to try and download shows into a format which can be viewed on my HP so that I won't be bored during my journeys to work. Also, that would give me more time to watch the 80-episode HK serial I've been following... heee.

It was really a casual remark. When he said that he would buy one for me, i quickly told him no no no no no, cause I really don't need it, and stingy me won't want to spend money on such gadgets. I recall that I had only mentioned this once... at most twice. So it NEVER occurred to me that he would take my words so seriously to buy this for me!

He explained that as I start and end work very early now, he won't be able to talk to me and entertain me on my way to and fro work. He was afraid that I'll be very bored on the train journeys and he also remembered that I wanted to watch the HK serials on my way. He also claimed that I'm a geek at heart, and that I would love it. Lastly, he said...... in case I don't like it....... he can keep it for himself. (He's a Mac fan btw). =S

What made the iPod touch even more special was the engraving he done at the back of the iPod.

"Loving you, Always forever.
Would you marry me?"


Anti-climaxly, the first thing i said after reading the words was.....
"Isn't it supposed to be WILL you marry me?" haaa. But of course, deep in my heart, there was nothing but happiness. <3

The proposal (continued...)
It's a surprise after surprise.... He turned on the iPod and then showed me a video which he had recorded of himself. Yes, that completes the entire proposal. He knew that he would be too nervous to tell me whatever he wanted to tell me before the proposal, so he had it recorded down at home and transferred it to the iPod before giving it to me. It was the sweetest thing. I was sooo touched, my tears couldn't stop rolling down when I was viewing the video. I felt so blessed for everything that was happening. I felt so so loved. I knew that I meant as much to him, as he does to me.

The birthday gift (continued...)
After some emo moments, the birthday celebration resumes. What's a birthday celebration.... without a cake!
And he whipped out a birthday cake from a patissier at Clarke Quay, Nectarie. It was a super pretty strawberry shortcake, which was very delicious too!!

And actually that's about it for how the proposal went. I thank him for all the planning and preparations he went through to make all these possible, just for me. He was really stressed out before the day itself, I guess he really wanted to make sure nothing goes wrong so that I can have the perfect proposal.

Thanks dear, for everything you've done.

Thanks for loving me.

Thanks for allowing me to be your wife.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - TWEOOO = YW + QL - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template